Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sorry, I Don’t Speak Acronym, I Only Write It

With my ever-increasing dependence on technology as a means to communicate, I’ve realized I’ve had to learn a new language – acronym speak. It seems the more I practice this language, the worse I become at my native American tongue. I prefer the old fashioned way of face-to-face conversation and am grateful for video chats, but that’s not always conducive to my surroundings.

For a long time I resisted the abbreviated techno-geek, no punctuation, no grammar way of texting, but I have to admit it saves time and I’m always in a hurry. Actually, I’m not always in a hurry, I just think I am. I’m really just impatient because I get bored easily. I feel the need to be constantly stimulated by cyberspace information. Come on, admit it, I’ll bet you’ve watched tv while surfing the internet on your laptop and texting someone on your cell phone. And I used to think I wasn’t good at multi-tasking.

So, how do I feel about my new bilingualism? FWIW AFAICT SSEWBA. BWDIK DBEYR.

BFN

2 comments:

Ann said...

ISIJCGI. BLUMUS.

Kimmie said...

Wow, I really don't get out much...the only thing I understood was bfn...by for now, right?


Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted