Monday, December 29, 2008

Freak Magnet Theory

There are a lot of freaky people in the world and somehow I have a talent for attracting them. Those of you who are also freak magnets can attest that for whatever reason, when in a crowded place, the freaks will make a beeline towards you. I call this my freak magnetism. It’s not that I’m complaining about it, I just find it unusual that’s all. It’s almost as if there’s some unseen force that’s telling them to go to Diana, ignore everyone else in the room and go directly towards her.

I can’t tell you how may times I’ve been in a check-out line minding my own business, when out of the blue, some strange person approaches me to tell me their whole life story, including some of their most intimate and awkward details. When this first started happening, or I should say, before I became aware of my magnetism, I used to look for hidden cameras, thinking that someone was playing a practical joke on me. I’ve had some rather unusual conversations that made no sense whatsoever which often had me questioning whether I was really having a conversation or still at home dreaming up the conversation in my sleep.

Nowadays, I don’t really think too much about being approached by weirdo's because I’ve accepted the fact that my freak magnetism is a gift. My theory is that freaks are drawn towards people like me because in all honesty, I find them fascinating and I’m sure they don’t feel threatened by me. Think of how boring our world would be if it weren’t for the occasional weirdo that crossed our path to make our day interesting. And who’s to say that the weirdo's aren’t the normal ones and we’re all insane.

7 comments:

Ann said...

..what are you trying to say about those of us who are your friend?!

Diana said...

...yes

Kimmie said...

Ohhhh! What a great opportunity, after listening to them for a bit to say, "Hey, I am a Christian...can I pray for you RIGHT NOW!"

Diana...I am not kidding. You would be amazed that people most always say yes...ask my kids.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Diana said...

So true, I've only ever had one person turn down prayer.

Unknown said...

That is truly a gift! You are so easy going and gosh you are certainly fun to be around. It makes for great stories!!

I can relate...except for me randome stuff happens to me and usually at my expense!! haha!

thecoach said...

Weirdo's! I thought it was just me! I can say a few! But I guess God wants us to help them too.

Unknown said...

Thanks for picking me to be the Freaky one! :) Miss ya Di!