Monday, June 29, 2009

Future Nobel Laureate

Recently I started teaching Sunday school to a dozen or so pre-K and Kindergarteners. I’ve never really spent much time with a bunch of 4-6 year olds all at the same time, so it’s been quite an educational experience as well as loads of fun.

Not to brag or anything, but my pupils are brilliant. I’m convinced one of my students is a sheer genius.

Boy laureate arrived a few minutes early to class last Sunday so I took the time to ask him a few questions to get to know him better. It was during this question and answer time that I discovered just how intelligent he really is. Somehow we managed to get on the topic of birthdays and I asked him if he knew his birth date. He confidently told me that he had his birthday already on March 36th. “Are you sure it was on the 36th? I asked him. He thought about it for a few moments. “No, I turned 6 so my birthday was on the 6th”, he corrected himself. “Next year when I turn 7, it will be on March 7th and the year after that it will be on March 8th”

So, I started thinking...if I use his method to determine my age by adding a day to each month starting after my 31st birthday, I’m a ½ year younger. I’m actually aging slower than I thought.

I think someday the Nobel committee may want to award my star pupil the Nobel Prize in medicine for his discovery on how to decrease the aging process.

3 comments:

Mrs Desh said...

Sheer genius! I say we go get our DLs corrected!!

Kimmie said...

I'll amen that nomination.

Glad you are having fun and being stretched mentally ;-) Isn't God got the most wonderful sense of humor?

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Kimmie said...

Hey Diana....

are you going to get busy writing a new post, OR WHAT!

C'mon your fans are eagerly awaiting to hear what God is doing currently in your life.

It doesn't have to be clever, deep or funny...just the stuff that is stirring your heart.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted